January 24 is one of my favorite days of the year because it’s my husband’s birthday. I wrote this post last year for our 15th anniversary, but it’s even more true today: I love that boy.
Well, enough of all that. If I get started talking about how amazing my husband is, and how much I love being married to him, I may never stop so we’d better get on with this week’s linkage:
- Stop Blogging. Start Writing. By Allison Vesterfelt. Inspiring words.
- Why I Built a Weekly Creativity Routine by Rodolphe Dutel.
- 15 Bad Habits of Unhappy Moms by Krishann Briscoe. Are any of these bad habits sabotaging your joy as a mom?
- Miscarriage, and our Love Affair with Euphemism by Peter Chin. This is a fantastic excerpt from his upcoming book.
- Ask Auntie Leila: Normal 4 year old Goes Bonkers from Like Mother, Like Daughter. Why yes, I do have a four year old, why do you ask? (But no, I didn’t submit this question.)
- How to Have a Relationship With an INTJ from EmSpeaks. So say we all. (We all being, of course, INTJs)
- 8 Parenting Lessons I Learned From My Parents’ Early Deaths by Bethany Mandel in The Federalist. Sobering.
- What I Wish I Had with That First Baby and What I Didn’t Even Need a Little Bit for the First Baby by Mary at Better Than Eden. What do you think? I can tell you, this time around I’m really hoping for a co-sleeper. Also: a double stroller. Because the iBoy will only be a scant 2 years older than this new baby, I’m already watching for a good double stroller on Craigslist. Mary also wrote another lovely post about pregnancy: The Pregnant Works of Mercy. While I don’t agree with all the theology, I love the reminder that pregnancy is important work.
- 3 Leadership Lessons from Winston Churchill by Gavin Ortlund for TGC. This weekend marks the 50th anniversary of Churchill’s death. Why is Churchill so admired even now? These three reasons might explain part of the reason.
- 11 Reasons to Be Irritated by Pride and Prejudice (2005) by Kendra at Frock Flicks. So much YES. (Frock Flicks is a blog I just found this past week but I think it will be a new favorite.)
- 4 Reasons to Stop Obsessing About Heaven by Mike Wittmer at TGC. Great perspective.
- Life. By Sarah at Clover Lane. Beautiful, moving post. (You may also wish to read these 9 Myths About Abortion Rights and Roe V. Wade by Kevin DeYoung.)
- On the Day I Married Her by Tim Challies. Love.