- Families Armed with Books Repel the Effects of Poverty by Alison Kieselowsky for The Federalist. Want to fight for your child’s future? Arm yourself with books. (You may also be interested in my series 5 Days of Raising Readers.)
- 7 Days to Less Productivity and More Creativity by Allen Arnold for Novel Rocket. Refreshing post (and ideas).
- Would Today’s Proverbs 31 Woman Do Multi-Level- Marketing? by Hannah Anderson in CT. (Short answer: maybe.) Why I’ve always known this is not the path for me: you’re not actually selling a product (no matter how much you love those bags or that cooking equipment, etc.), you’re selling the chance to sell the product to other women. I’m an introvert so that sounds like a nightmare to me. But for other, more sociable types, they seem to thrive on those opportunities.
- How One Woman Makes Almost $1 Million a Year on Etsy by Carey Dunne at Fast Company. (H/T: Brandy). So, MLM doesn’t float your boat, how ’bout Etsy?
- Why Politics Still Matters by Michael Wear for CT. Ever wanted to just wash your hands of the whole business? (This is me raising my hand!)
- Does My Life as a Parent Still Count? by Marlena Graves. I don’t observe Lent, but I can identify with the battle against acedia.
- Women, Stop Submitting to Men? by Russell Moore at ERLC. Moore is almost always provocative but in this case, I happen to strongly agree with him.
- ‘We Are All Messy’ an interview with Rosaria Butterfield with Mark Mellinger at TGC. If you haven’t yet read Butterfield’s memoir of faith,The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert, you need to.
- Now for the “Point / Counterpoint” section of Living Unabridged: Death to the Chicken Finger by Adam McDowell in National Post.
- And: The First Food Snob and Her Mommy Blogger Allies Make Mothering Difficult by Julie Gunlock in the Federalist. I agree with significant portions of both of these posts. But food has become such a touchy subject for most of us, it seems like we’re all talking past each other (or trying to ignore the whole thing).
- A Parent’s Survival Guide to ‘Fifty Shades of Grey‘ by Stella Morabito for The Federalist. I know. I wish we were done talking about this too.
- Why Don’t the Guys in My Church Ask Women on Dates? by Eddie Kaufholz at Relevant Magazine. Loved this one (and apparently a lot of other people did too since it went viral on my FB and Twitter.)
- What Makes Millennials Stay in Church? by Daniel James Devine in World Magazine. Fascinating survey.
- Our toddler son could have written most of this: 20 Things on a Toddler’s Daily To-Do List.
Here at Living Unabridged I shared 9 Tips for Raising a History Buff and Three Things I Don’t Want My Daughters to Be. My friend Candace also invited me to write a post about a time I had to wait on God, so I shared about our house selling, buying and moving saga which lasted from 2010-2013. You can read that here: The God That Answers in His Own Timing at His Mercy is New.
What caught your eye this week?